Do you LOVE classical music?
Are you looking for a successful career in sales?
Do you want to work for a forward thinking, creative and continuously expanding media organisation?
Do you want to work somewhere where your contribution across the business, no matter how small, will be recognised and celebrated?
Are you someone who loves a challenge and thrives in delivering market leading content to your audiences?
Yes? Let's explore the fantastic ACCOUNT MANAGER opportunity at Mark Allen Group.
Mark Allen Group consists of seven divisions: MA Healthcare, MA Business, MA Agriculture, MA Education, MA Exhibitions, MA Music Leisure & Travel and MA Dentistry Media.
We are continuously looking to invite driven, ambitious, and enthusiastic candidates into our MAG family across our lucrative businesses. We are a trusted, family-owned media company specialising in offering professional content and services to global audiences. Content is key to everything that we do, be it across print, digital or events.
We’re not interested in fitting in to what a media company is supposed to look like. We are not wallflowers. Our ever-increasing business has rapidly grown from its humble beginnings and we’re only just getting started….
We can offer you
- Ongoing training and development
- Stability - continued growth across our portfolios, even in 2020!
- Opportunities - 13 new acquisitions added to our business so far in 2021
- Investing time in our people
- Flexible working (hybrid, home, and office)
- A platform where every opinion counts
- Inspirational, forward thinking senior leaders
- The chance to join our dedicated communities such as MA PRIDE, Diversity & Inclusion Network, Gender Equality Network, MA Foundation (charity work)
- #MAGSWAG - if you are successful, keep an eye out for the postman!
As well as
- 25 days holiday to begin, which increases after continuous service
- Know anyone else who would love to join us? Great! You can earn a generous bonus by referring a colleague or friend once you are an employee
- The company will pay the cost of a standard eye test once every two years or sooner if recommended by an optician
- Life assurance eligible from day one
- Cycle scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Pension contribution
- Company sick pay
- Christmas closure
This is the type of person we are looking for
- You are passionate about what you do
- Professional, but not corporate
- Team player, it’s a collaborative organisation and our people mean everything!
- Confident in giving your input and sharing ideas
MA Music Leisure and Travel is recruiting for an Account Manager to join Gramophone, one of the world’s most influential classical music titles. This exciting role will involve selling advertising and building client relationships across the brand portfolio, including magazine, website, e-marketing and podcasts.
- To sell print, digital and e-marketing opportunities to a well-established client base
- Strengthen client relationships within your assigned client base
- Increase your client base by proactively seeking new clients from competitor media and your knowledge of the industry
- Achieve monthly sales targets
- Follow and respond to developments within the classical music industry
- Represent the company at trade shows/events
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Experience of working in media sales or publishing desirable
- Interest in classical music is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for building relationships at all levels
- Proactive attitude
- An ability to work to tight deadlines with great attention to detail
- Ability to work within a friendly and ambitious team environment
Salary up to £28,000 (DOE) plus circa £11,000 OTE
Office base Herne Hill SE24
Flexible working (hybrid - home, and 2 days in the office from 6th September)
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the Mark Allen Group. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the family-run Mark Allen Group.