Are you looking for a successful sales career in publishing where your commission is uncapped?
Do you want to work for a forward thinking, creative and continuously expanding media organisation?
Do you want to work somewhere where your contribution across the business, no matter how small, will be recognised and celebrated?
Are you someone who loves a challenge and thrives in delivering market leading content to your audiences?
Yes? Let's explore the fantastic media sales career opportunity below.
Mark Allen Group consists of seven divisions: MA Healthcare, MA Business, MA Agriculture, MA Education, MA Exhibitions, MA Music Leisure & Travel and MA Dentistry Media.
We are continuously looking to invite driven, ambitious, and enthusiastic candidates into our MAG family across our lucrative businesses. We are a trusted, family-owned media company specialising in offering professional content and services to global audiences. Content is key to everything that we do, be it across print, digital or events. We’re not interested in fitting in to what a media company is supposed to look like. We are not wallflowers. Our ever-increasing business has rapidly grown from its humble beginnings and we’re only just getting started….
We can offer you:
- Ongoing training and development
- Salespeople - commission always uncapped!
- Stability - continued growth across our portfolios, even in 2020!
- Opportunities - 13 new acquisitions added to our business so far in 2021
- Investing time in our people
- Flexible working (hybrid, home, and office)
- A platform where every opinion counts
- Inspirational, forward thinking senior leaders
- The chance to join our dedicated communities such as MA PRIDE, Diversity & Inclusion Network, Gender Equality Network, MA Foundation (charity work)
As well as:
- 25 days holiday to begin which increases after continuous service
- Know anyone else who would love to join us? Great! You can earn a generous bonus by referring a colleague or friend once you are an employee
- The company will pay the cost of a standard eye test once every two years or sooner if recommended by an optician
- Life assurance eligible from day one
- Cycle scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Pension contribution
- Company sick pay
- Christmas closure
This is the type of person we are looking for:
- You are passionate about what you do
- Professional, but not corporate
- Team player, it’s a collaborative organisation and our people mean everything!
- Confident in giving your input and sharing ideas
What is the opportunity?
As Advertising Manager on HPM Magazine you will use consultative sales, account management and client relationship management techniques to sell print and digital advertising, bespoke promotional projects and sponsorship packages. You will work creativity and autonomously attending regular client meetings virtually and online to sell promotional advertising packages that meet their needs.
Heating & Plumbing Monthly is a must-read magazine in the heating and plumbing sector. Its circulation is heavily weighted towards engineers whose workload is comprised of domestic and light commercial installations, essential merchants, and leading UK specifiers.
- Sell print and digital advertising and associated projects, via telephone and face-to-face.
- Drive new business and effectively manage existing clients.
- Sell brand extensions, which includes supplements, newsletters, sponsorship etc relating to the relevant publications.
- Ensure all agreed sales targets are met, and our revenue potential is maximised through creative initiatives.
- Represent the journals at relevant conferences and meetings in the UK.
- Prepare and deliver sales presentations to new and existing clients to sell new advertising and protect and increase existing business.
- Work closely with the management, marketing and editorial teams to formulate suitable strategies to ensure the content meets market appetite.
Salary: up to £35,000 (DOE) and in year one, approximately £10,000 in OTE
Office: Dartford, Hawley Mill - Kent.
Flexible working (hybrid - home, and 2 days in the office from 6th September)
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the Mark Allen Group. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the family-run Mark Allen Group.