SENIOR MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Do you want to work for a forward thinking, creative and continuously expanding media organisation?
Do you want to work somewhere where your contribution across the business, no matter how small, will be recognised and celebrated?
Are you someone who loves a challenge and thrives in delivering market leading content to your audiences?
Mark Allen Group consists of seven divisions: MA Healthcare, MA Business, MA Agriculture, MA Education, MA Exhibitions, MA Music Leisure & Travel and MA Dentistry Media.
We are continuously looking to invite driven, ambitious, and enthusiastic candidates into our MAG family across our lucrative businesses. We are a trusted, family-owned media company specialising in offering professional content and services to global audiences. Content is key to everything that we do, be it across print, digital or events.
We’re not interested in fitting in to what a media company is supposed to look like. We are not wallflowers. Our ever-increasing business has rapidly grown from its humble beginnings and we’re only just getting started….
We can offer you:
- Ongoing training and development
- Salespeople - commission always uncapped!
- Stability - continued growth across our portfolios, even in 2020!
- Opportunities - 13 new acquisitions added to our business so far in 2021
- Investing time in our people
- Flexible working (hybrid, home, and office)
- A platform where every opinion counts
- Inspirational, forward thinking senior leaders
- The chance to join our dedicated communities such as MA PRIDE, Diversity & Inclusion Network, Gender Equality Network, MA Foundation (charity work)
As well as:
- To start you will have 25 days holiday to enjoy which increases after continuous service
- Know anyone else who would love to join us? Great! You can earn a generous bonus by referring a colleague or friend once you are an employee
- The company will pay the cost of a standard eye test once every two years or sooner if recommended by an optician
- Life assurance eligible from day one
- Cycle scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Pension contribution
- Company sick pay
- Christmas closure
- #MAGSWAG - keep an eye out for the postman if you're successful!
This is the type of person we are looking for:
- You are passionate about what you do
- Professional, but not corporate
- Team player, it’s a collaborative organisation and our people mean everything!
- Confident in giving your input and sharing ideas
- Organised and analytical
You will be responsible for defining, executing and delivering marketing plans in our education portfolio of trade shows, associated brand extensions within this portfolio including awards and digital content series, and will line manage a marketing executive in the portfolio.
Knowledge & Skills:
Digital marketing excellence, including effective targeting of mobile oriented audiences, integrated social media, and the use of PPC and SEO and other digital marketing techniques and methods
- A broad understanding of website CMSs to control copy/image changes
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with third party suppliers, and to identify potential new software or services which would support our objectives
- Clear and engaging written communication, copywriting skills, proof-reading and an eye for effective design and creative flair
- Sound understanding of GDPR and associated regulations to ensure compliance
- Strong analytical skills, technologically and commercially aware
- Social media marketing, digital marketing techniques, SEO, analytics, html for email marketing
- Budget management
- Generating online visitor registrations
- Generating leads for exhibition and sponsorship sales teams
- Generating seminar and masterclass sales
- Generating significant and sustained growth on key lines including visitor registration and attendance
- Engaging the communities year-round with relevant and valuable content
- Supporting event teams to deliver world-class on-site event experiences
- Helping to create robust and effective content-led, multi-channel, 12-month marketing plans for each event
- Planning and executing marketing campaigns on time and on budget across email, digital, social, PR, direct mail, editorial coverage, print and online advertising and on-site signage
- Liaising with event team to produce compelling copy and content for all channels and campaigns
- List development: curate and refine lists of desirable target attendees in different segments, and liaise with data team on how we develop this data
- Build on our data-driven approach to inform and build overall marketing strategies to continually boost engagement with our products
- Increase efficiency and efficacy of our email campaigns through appropriate, analytical use, segmentation and automation of data
- Ensure flawless execution of direct mail and e-mail programmes, as well as social-media and digital initiatives
- Working with our in-house designers to create effective and appropriate design concepts
- Managing event websites - maximise effectiveness and update appropriately
- Establishing relationships and marketing agreements with sector-specific media and association partners
- Develop and manage marketing budgets and oversee contracts and vendors as necessary
- Analysing activity throughout and after all campaigns to measure, optimise and report on performance
- Working closely with the portfolio director and sales team to ensure key objectives and initiatives are aligned, with clear lines of communications and providing the right level of support and direction
Salary package: up to £29,000 DOE + bonus
Office: Herne Hill SE24
Please note the Herne Hill office will be relocation to our Sutton office in early 2022. This office is 1 minute walk from the train station.
Flexible working (hybrid - home, and 2 days in the office)
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the Mark Allen Group. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the family-run Mark Allen Group.