Do you LOVE Classical music?
Are you PASSIONATE about the musicians of tomorrow, music education and live events for teachers?
Would you want to be part of the team behind Europe’s largest conference and exhibition for anyone involved in Music and Drama Education as it enters its tenth year?
Do you want a career where you are able to be immersed in both of these worlds on a daily basis, with the opportunity to sell across different types of media.
Do you enjoy nothing more than speaking to likeminded people about classical music and music education on a daily basis?
This could be the role you have been searching for!
Mark Allen Group consists of seven divisions: MA Healthcare, MA Business, MA Agriculture, MA Education, MA Exhibitions, MA Music Leisure & Travel and MA Dentistry Media.
We are continuously looking to invite driven, dependable, and enthusiastic candidates into our MAG family across our lucrative businesses. We are a trusted, family-owned media company specialising in offering professional content and services to global audiences. Content is key to everything that we do, be it across print, digital or events.
We’re not interested in fitting in to what a media company is supposed to look like. We are not wallflowers. Our ever-increasing business has rapidly grown from its humble beginnings and we’re only just getting started….
We can offer you:
- Ongoing training and development
- Stability - continued growth across our portfolios, even in 2020!
- Opportunities - 13 new acquisitions added to our business so far in 2021
- Flexible working (hybrid, home, and min 2 days in the office)
- A platform where every opinion counts
- Inspirational, forward thinking senior leaders
- The chance to join our dedicated Equality, Diversity & Inclusion groups such as our Gender Equality Network and MA PRIDE.
- An opportunity to give back. The MA Foundation is a charitable foundation recently established by Mark Allen Group as a conduit for employees to coordinate their fundraising efforts. Currently supporting Young Minds and Stop the Traffik.
- #MAGSWAG – if you’re successful keep an eye out for the postman!
As well as:
- To start you will have 25 days holiday to enjoy which increases after continuous service
- Know anyone else who would love to join us? Great! You can earn a generous bonus by referring a colleague or friend once you have passed your probation and are a full-time employee
- The company will pay the cost of a standard eye test once every two years or sooner if recommended by an optician
- Life assurance eligible from day one
- Cycle scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Pension contribution
- Company sick pay
This is the type of person we are looking for:
- You are passionate about what you do
- Professional, but not corporate
- Team player, it’s a collaborative organisation and our people mean everything!
- Confident in giving your input and sharing ideas
What is the opportunity?
MA Education and MA Exhibitions are recruiting for a joint sales executive for Classical Music and our flagship event the Music and Drama Education Expo. This exciting hybrid role will involve joining the team responsible for selling advertising and building client relationships with a diverse group of clients, selling not only print, digital and recruitment advertising but also stands and sponsorship opportunities for events.
- To sell print, digital and e-marketing opportunities to a well-established client base for Classical Music
- To sell stands and sponsorship for the Music and Drama Education Expo
- To increase the revenue stream for Rhinegold Jobs (our recruitment site) by actively seeking out professional positions to advertise
- Strengthen client relationships within your assigned client base
- Increase your client base by proactively seeking new clients from competitor media and your knowledge of the industry
- Achieve monthly sales targets
- Follow and respond to developments within the classical music industry
- Represent the company at trade shows/events
The ideal candidate would be able to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- At least two years’ experience in sales
- Interest in classical music
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for building relationships at all levels
- Proactive attitude
- An ability to work to tight deadlines with great attention to detail
- Ability to work within a friendly and ambitious team environment
It’s simple! Hit apply and let’s get talking. We are really looking forward to receiving your application.
Sales Executive- Classical Music and Music and Drama Education Expo.
Flexible working (hybrid, home, and min 2 days in the office)
Office - to start this will be based in our Herne Hill office. In 2022 this will be from our Sutton office.
Salary: up to £28,000 (DOE) plus commission
We positively celebrate Diversity & Inclusion in the Mark Allen Group. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, because it makes our company stronger. We are committed to achieving a working environment that provides equality of opportunity and freedom from discrimination. We aim to become the most inclusive business in Publishing- both for our people and our customers, reflecting and connecting with the diverse communities that we work with. We want people from all backgrounds to feel valued for their individuality and to thrive in our business and feel part of the family-run Mark Allen Group.